Software Developer and Project Manager with 7 years of experience in database creation and administration, coordination and implementation of software projects, user training, and multi-stakeholder budgeting.
Seeking a software developer role with opportunities to learn from and grow with peers and mentors.
- C#, .NET, MVC, PHP
- Unit Testing
- TDD, integration testing, MS Test, Mocha
- SQL, MS SQL, MySQL, MS Access, Salesforce
- Client Side
- Git, RegEx, WordPress, Visual Studio 2017, Apache, NGINX, Pivot Tables, pair programming
- Multi-Level Maze
- TypeScript, jQuery, Mocha, Chai: generates a random maze that a user can explore
- 17 Table Database
- MS Access and VBA: designed and programmed to internal customer’s needs
- Cleveland GiveCamp: WordPress, MySQL, PHP: Database cleanup and module development
- Vending Machine
- C# command line: CSV imported to fill a virtual vending machine with “products” to buy
Tech Elevator – .Net Web Application Development Bootcamp
Attending a 14-week program C#/.Net coding boot camp that focuses on OOP, pair programming, and Unit Testing.
September 2018 to December 2018 in Cleveland, OH
Lehigh University – Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
Major in Political Science, Minor in Mass Communications
May 2010 in Bethlehem, PA
Semester Abroad – School for International Training
Reconciliation and Development Program (inequality, discrimination, and political violence)
January 2009 — May 2009 in Durban, South Africa
Leadership and Work Experience
Database Systems Analyst
Jewish Education Center of Cleveland (JECC), directs & provides support for local Jewish education in Cleveland, OH
Oct 2015 — September 2018
- Developed new databases from scratch, replacing decades-old systems; carefully transitioning staff, school administrators, teachers, and parents to the new systems.
- Conducted internal client assessments to determine their critical business needs and underlying challenges, resulting in detailed system requests, work plans, and timelines.
- Designed new data-management techniques for grants management, program evaluation, school enrollment statistics, and community outreach that are sustainable for the future.
Repair the World, making volunteerism a defining element of American Jewish life
July 2013 — April 2015 in New York, NY
- Directed database projects from inception through daily administration: allocated budget, researched and selected vendors, built reports, and trained staff.
- Implemented, oversaw, and maintained technology organization-wide for: 30 staff and 40 full-time volunteers in five cities, including 60 computers, 54 mobile devices, 3 websites, 2 databases, and 1 file server.
Campus Systems Director and Project Manager
AIPAC, American Israel Public Affairs Committee, America's Pro-Israel Lobby
December 2011 — April 2013 in Washington, DC
- Assessed and translated coworkers’ database requirements into technical specifications, leading to successful departmental implementation of Salesforce.com.
- Managed and trained 15 interns during academic year, coordinating with departmental and regional supervisors.
Mentor, Teacher, Tutor, Intern
OTZMA, ten-month volunteer/leadership program in Israel
Aug 2010 — June 2011
- Evaluated community’s educational needs; developed an after-school program for ten at-risk children.
- Taught 60 children conversational English at a local elementary school, inspiring them to love the language.
- Mentored at-risk and autistic teenagers in a local high school and at an after-school recreational center.